Job Title: Catering & Retail Assistant
Reporting to: Chef/Trainer Artysans
Operational Base: Cafe Artysans/The Lighthouse – Inverness
To provide first class customer service and ensure all operational procedures are followed within the cafe and retail businesses of the Calman Trust.
Main duties include:
- Food production – both for cafe, retail and outside catering. Follow all operational procedures and food safety legislation including temperature checks, stock rotation and recording of wastage.
- Be aware of and implement best practice requirements in relation to food safety in production, storage, service and delivery to minimise cross-contamination or any other risks.
- Food service – first class service within both Cafe Artysans
- Scheduled cleaning tasks carried out in line with cleaning schedules completing all paperwork as directed.
- Stock in procedures, stock out procedures –Stock checks, order goods, receive and check deliveries (completing all paperwork as per procedures) , putting stock into storage both for cafe and retail stock areas
- Customer service – provide excellent customer service at all times giving the customer a positive impression of your organisation
- Roast coffee for retail sale – provide a coffee roasting and bagging service and produce coffee for retail sale
- Cash handling – process payments securely
- Displaying goods – ensure goods are displayed in line with procedures and that displays are tidied regularly
- Order goods for cafe and retail stock as directed
- Process customer orders for Made by Artysans stock ensuring all details are accurate and passed to Made by Artysans in a timely manner
- Card payments – carry out processing of card payments in line with procedures
- Preparing customer bills, ensuring that they are accurate
- Preparation of hot & cold drinks
- Health & Safety – follow all health and safety procedures, wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as trained and ensure you work in line with instruction given on using equipment safely (as per H & S Induction)
- Undertake qualifications and development activities as directed by your line manager or assessor/trainer. Ensure all coursework is completed on time.
- Work effectively with your retail/catering team and the wider Calman team.
- Follow all organisational policies and procedures
To apply please contact Sarah Hartley T:01463 248630 E: email@example.com